Friday, April 13, 2012

What a day.

I mean seriously.  I woke up at 0530, watched the Kitten go to work.  Kinda.  With one eye open.  Got in the shower and woke up.  Went out to wash my thermos and get my coffee going.  Noticed I was running late and skipped the coffee.  Woke up Jr. and got her dressed and going.  Hop in the grocery-getter and off into the rainy morning.  Call work to tell someone to cover the meeting.  Drop off Jr. and grab a fast breakfast.  Make it to work just in time before the down pour thrashes the landscape.  Pretty much an "Office Space" day.  Not much to do and the sun comes out and drys up everything.  Sigh...  I catch a jet to debrief in the last hour of my day.  The jet comes down, taxis in, and two busloads of ROTC cadets come out to tour the jet, a.k.a. I-Can't-Finish-My-Inspection-Due-To-The-Show-Configuration.  Everything is alright.  Good conversation for the aviation nerds.  Come back inside and give turnover.  Go pick up Jr. and the kids...right as the rain starts again.  The kids are crazy.  See pictures below...

Yes...I grilled in the rain.

Jr. wanted to come out to help.  Till it started raining.  Again.

And more intermediate sunshine.

We sit down to eat and my oldest says to pull her loose tooth.

And here we are!
Yes.  What a day.  I think it is a clear night too.  Go figure.  And the Kitten missed all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment